Monday 29 April 2013

Party Mad



This afternoon I ventured into Stony Stratford, one of several historic towns that have been swallowed up by the new town of Milton Keynes. I went in search of high street Charity Shop offerings, to brighten up my latest, extremely dull scarecrow. I was hoping to find a bright Hawaiian shirt, a Mad Hatter’s top hat or a jazzy waistcoat to give my scarecrow a more definite personality. Alas, the men’s rails in Stony’s Charity Shops looked exactly like the inside of husband David’s wardrobe! But then I struck gold.
Party Mad, www.partymad.co.uk, is a brilliant shop that does exactly what its name suggests. Its interior is crammed with a wealth of fancy dress costumes, wigs, masks and party accessories. Party Mad is an absolute treasure trove for scarecrow makers, as the costumes and props are unusual, and many are reasonably priced. Some are expensive but very tempting. It would be so easy to get carried away, but I managed to restrain myself. I left with an England supporter’s hat, a ‘Come on England’ banner and some England ‘car sock’. Guess what role my scarecrow is going to take on?

No comments:

Post a Comment