Tuesday 23 April 2013

Scarecrow Sighted in Loughton


 On my way up to All Saints Church on Sunday, I spotted an amazing blue pony/donkey scarecrow standing in the middle of the front lawn, in a garden close to the church. The scarecrow was stuffed with straw, and was taking aim at a football. Alas, when I returned on Monday morning to take a photo of the donkey scarecrow footballer for the blog, he had vanished. All that remained to show that I had not been dreaming (or hallucinating) were a few wisps of straw on the grass!



Latest update! I've now heard from the makers. Apparently, this scarecrow was made from a costume in the children's dressing up box, mounted on three bamboo canes held together with duct tape, and stuffed with newspaper and a bit of straw. Brilliant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment