Sunday 21 April 2013

Simple Certificates


Part of the plan for Loughton’s Scarecrow Trail is to devise a quiz that can be completed en route. The aim is to encourage visitors to buy a trail guide, at a nominal cost of £1.00. All the proceeds from trail guide sales will be donated to All Saints’ Church. To complete the quiz, it will be necessary to visit all the entries, to spend a little time admiring each exhibit and to be observant at each location.
I am planning to award a Certificate of Completion to everyone who successfully answers all the questions in the quiz. I don’t envisage that many adults will demand a certificate for completing the trail/quiz, but it might appeal to families with children. So how to deliver, without spending money that would be better donated to the church?
Yesterday, I investigated the range of templates that is available on line. The problem with many of these would seem to be that they have a fixed format, which can be printed off but not adapted, so I decided to design my own. I’m pleased with the result, especially when the certificate’s simple design is enhanced by printing it out on posh paper.  

This approach will allow me to take my computer and printer up to All Saints’ Church whilst the trail is open, so that I can personalize every certificate by inserting the name of each visitor who completes the quiz/trail. Now all I need is for a generous sponsor to pledge a ream of posh paper and a cartridge of black ink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment